Netta Brielle - Screaming - Music Monday

Using her tremendous music talent to speak out against violence, Bay Area songstress Netta Brielle recently released the video for her song, "Screaming."

"I was determined to shoot this video in my hometown, Berkeley, CA, because in the last few years the crime rate has increased drastically," Brielle said. "With all the negative attention Berkeley and Oakland, CA have been getting in connection to gun violence, I felt it was very necessary for me to bring something positive to my community."



Brielle continues, "Keith Stephens, Zillion Cash, Ronnie Easiley, Marcus Mosely, Maceo Smith, Shandonee Williams, Gary Fergusen, Jr., Ricky 'Greedy' Devers and Khatari Grant are just a few young people who grew up in my neigborhood that have been victims of gun violence. Growing up, violence was always right around my corner until one day it ended up in my backyard."

"I want the youth in my community as well as communities across the world to know that they can follow their dreams, because they do come true (as corny as it may sound.) I want young girls to know "I'm just like you" and I'm going to be that example... "

An example of greatness.

Visit www.38thnotes.com and read more about Netta Brielle.

Photo: OaklandLocal.com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More